This is really just a sad example of the depths this nation has plunged into the likes of cultural Marxism and reprobate thinking. What a shame it truly is. Harvard boasts as its alumni many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence including Samuel Adams and John Hancock to name just two. Few know today that Harvard, like Yale, Princeton and other “Ivy League colleges were once great Christian education centers dedicated to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, teaching His Word and molding clergy to lead this young nation. One only has to look at their Charter or their “Rules and Precepts of Harvard (please forgive me for belaboring my point, but so many have no knowledge of how far we have devolved; “Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.“ -2 Timothy 3:7 – W.E.) :
1 When any scholar is able to understand Tully, or such like classical Latin author extempore, and make and speak true Latin in verse and prose, And decline perfectly the paradigms of nouns and verbs in the Greek tongue: Let him then and not before be capable of admission into the college.
2. Let every student be plainly instructed, and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life, John 17:3, and therefore to lay Christ in the bottom, as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and learning. And seeing the Lord only giveth wisdom, let every one seriously set himself by prayer in secret to seek it of him Prov. 2, 3.
3. Every one shall so exercise himself in reading the Scriptures twice a day, that he shall be ready to give such an account of his proficiency therein, both in theoretical observations of the language, and logic, and in practical and spiritual truths, as his tutor shall require, according to his ability; seeing the entrance of the word giveth light, it giveth understanding to the simple, Psalm. 119. 130.
4. That they eschewing all profanation of God’s name, attributes, word, ordinance, and times of worship, do study with good conscience, carefully to retain God, and the love of his truth in their minds else let them know, that (notwithstanding their learning) God may give them up to strong delusions, and in the end to a reprobate mind, 2 Thes. 2. 11, 12. Rom. 1. 28.
5. That they studiously redeem the time; observe the general hours appointed for all the students, and the special hours for their own classes: and then diligently attend the lectures without any disturbance by word or gesture. And if in any thing they doubt, they shall inquire as of their fellows, so, (in case of non satisfaction) modestly of their tutors.
6. None shall under any pretense whatsoever, frequent the company and society of such men as lead an unfit, and desolate life. Nor shall any without his tutor’s leave, or (in his absence) the call of parents or guardians, go abroad to other towns.
7. Every scholar shall be present in his tutor’s chamber at the seventh hour in the morning, immediately after the sound of the bell, at his opening the Scripture and prayer, so also at the fifth hour at night, and then give account of his own private reading, as aforesaid in particular the third, and constantly attend lectures in the hall at the hours appointed. But if any (without necessary impediment) shall absent himself from prayer or lectures, he shall be liable to admonition, if he offend above once a week.
8. If any scholar shall be found to transgress any of the laws of God, or the school, after twice admonition, he shall be liable, if not adultus, to correction, if adultus, his name shall be given up to the overseers of the college, that he may be admonished at the public monthly act. . . .
Your betters at the Harvard University Library have published a guide to “Fake News Sites” that includes a bevy of real news sites that happen to lean right. Among them: the Heritage Foundation, Conservative Review, and Wikileaks, the latter of which has revealed (whether you agree with its approach or not) some very real news indeed.
This, my friends, is a dangerous game. Just as Snopes and Politifact are reliable Democrat public relations outlets (remember when the latter played both sides on ‘If You Like Your Plan, You Can Keep It’?), anyone claiming to be an arbiter of truth is inherently suspect.
Because progressives always get it wrong, I’ll repeat. The market is the only arbiter for media. The marketplace of ideas dictates who wins and loses.
Based upon a simple comparison of ratings, MSNBC and CNN are considered very, very fake news when it lines up against Fox News. And which means National Public Radio is also faux news.
Some here’s my list of the top 50 sites labeled by Harvard as ‘False, Misleading, Clickbait-y, and Satirical “News” Sources’:
|Site||Harvard Labels||Real Description|
|americanthinker.com||bias||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|AmmoLand.com||bias||Firearm news liberals hate|
|barenakedislam.com||hate||News about Isamic terror that liberals hate|
|breitbart.com||political||unreliable||bias||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|canadafreepress.com||conspiracy||bias||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|centerforsecuritypolicy.org||bias||conspiracy||News about Isamic terror that liberals hate|
|citizensunited.org||bias||Pro-free speech group that liberals hate|
|city-journal.org||political||Urban news that liberals hate|
|CNSNews.com||unreliable||bias||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|commentarymagazine.com||political||Political opinions that liberals hate|
|conservativereview.com||political||Pro-Constitution articles that liberals hate|
|counterjihad.com||bias||News about Isamic terror that liberals hate|
|dailycaller.com||political||clickbait||unreliable||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|dailysignal.com||bias||Pro-Constitution articles that liberals hate|
|drudgereport.com||political||bias||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|familysecuritymatters.org||conspiracy||bias||News about Isamic terror that liberals hate|
|FreeBeacon.com||bias||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|freedomworks.org||political||Pro-Constitution articles that liberals hate|
|frontpagemag.com||bias||hate||News about Isamic terror that liberals hate|
|gatesofvienna.net||hate||conspiracy||News about Isamic terror that liberals hate|
|heartland.org||bias||Pro-business group that liberals hate|
|heritage.org||unknown||Pro-Constitution articles that liberals hate|
|jihadwatch.org||unknown||News about Isamic terror that liberals hate|
|judicialwatch.org||unknown||Pro-Constitution articles that liberals hate|
|lifenews.com||bias||clickbait||Pro-Life articles that liberals hate|
|lifezette.com||clickbait||Pro-Life articles that liberals hate|
|nationalreview.com||unknown||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|pamelageller.com||conspiracy||fake||bias||News about Isamic terror that liberals hate|
|PeakProsperity.com||unknown||Economic facts that liberals despise|
|pjmedia.com||unknown||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|powerlineblog.com||unknown||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|rightwingnews.com||bias||unreliable||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|ShadowStats.com||unknown||Economic facts that liberals despise|
|SteveQuayle.com||unknown||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|theamericanmirror.com||unknown||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|TheBurningPlatform.com||unknown||Economic facts that liberals despise|
|theconservativetreehouse.com||unknown||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|theduran.com||unreliable||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|thegatewaypundit.com||bias||conspiracy||unreliable||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|theintercept.com||unknown||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|therightscoop.com||fake||clickbait||Videos of news shows that liberals hate|
|truepundit.com||bias||clickbait||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|twitchy.com||clickbait||rumor||Tweets that liberals hate|
|unz.com||unknown||Politically incorrect articles that liberals hate|
|weaselzippers.us||unreliable||bias||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|weeklystandard.com||political||bias||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|westernjournalism.com||bias||clickbait||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|wikileaks.org||unknown||Government documents that liberals hate|
|wnd.com||bias||clickbait||unreliable||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
|zerohedge.com||conspiracy||Political news and opinion liberals hate|
So my counsel is to visit all of these sites frequently.
Because Harvard’s full of sh**. But you already knew that.